Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Bus :o(

Today started out great, but then I got on the bus. Since I don't have my walker yet, people assume that I'm not handicapped and some people don't consider fibromyalgia to be a handicap at all. I had to stand during most of the bus ride. I was squeezing the handles in the bus as hard as I could, but still was being tossed around like a rag doll. By the time I got off the bus, the muscles behind my knees were so tense that they were like baseballs and it felt like someone was stabbing knives into them and twisting. I stretched for about 20 minutes, and I'm still limping. I can't get my muscles to relax!! And now my hips and ankles are getting tense because they are working extra hard to make up for my knees. Ugh!!    

Anyway, I'm still here! I'm still walking, and still going to all my classes today. I'm also going to pack more for the new apartment. That's why I haven't been on the past couple of days. We're moving! The new place doesn't have an elevator, so that'll be tough, but the bus ride is shorter and once I get my walker I'll just have to walk down a few stairs and can use the walker the rest of the time. Soon, I will be completely independent. We don't have to be out of our old place until October 31st, so at least I can take my time. I got through the whole weekend without percocet, woohoo! It hurt like hell but it was totally worth that feeling of satisfaction-knowing that I was strong enough to make it through.

No comments:

Post a Comment