Thursday, September 19, 2013

Anxiety!!!

Good news, the pain isn't too bad today. It's just the usual achiness, a little worse this morning, but slowly fading into the usual achiness and flu-like pains. The anxiety, on the other hand, is getting out of control! I'm going to try taking a couple amitriptyline to see if it helps. I stopped taking it because I was taking it consistently for about three months but it slowly stopped working, so the doc just kept upping the dosage until I was at the highest dose possible (150mg every night). Eventually, it had the opposite affect on me, so the doc said I should stop taking it, but there was nothing stronger to give me. I've just been dealing with the anxiety ever since.

Anxiety is not what most people think it is. They picture someone with stress, running around like a psycho business woman with a million things to do. Anxiety is more like having electricity pushing through your whole body, and no matter how relaxed or controlled your mind it, the body is hyper active. Most people release this anxious feeling by doing some kind of fun activity. Swimming is the best way for a fibro patient to relieve this anxiety, but I don't have a swimming pool.

The big issue for the day is this cycle that I keep getting caught in. The anxiety leads to energy and wanting to do things, then I do things, and the pain gets worse, and then there's fatigue, followed by muscle tension and inflammation--and unfortunately the inability to move. Rocking back and forth is the best way for me relieve it with the least amount of pain. So, I'm just sitting here now, looking like an autistic child waiting for a playmate.

No comments:

Post a Comment