Friday, September 20, 2013

Good Days Really Good?

Today is a good day, but how good can a day really be for us? I just have the usual achiness, and a little anxiety. It makes me want to do everything that I can fit into the day, because I don't know how many days I have before the next flare. I do know that if I do as much as I possibly can, then I'll be feeling it tomorrow. I probably won't be able to move at all tomorrow if I do everything that I want to do today.

Every little thing is a debate. I have to weight the pros and cons, just like everyone else, but the greatest con is always the fact that I might not be able to move due to taking on too much. People are always saying that you're body will let you know if you're doing too much. That's not true if you have fibromyalgia. The body doesn't let us know, until after we've done it. Sometimes the pain comes days later, or it builds up inside us and doesn't rear it's ugly head until weeks or months have gone by.

When I have a lot of good days, I always manage to convince myself that this is it. The fibro is under control and I can live my life again. I get a job, and after a few days I am reminded that no matter how "under control" I get the fibro, it will always get worse. Even the call center position, where they let me work from home when I was in to much pain to make the commute, ended with me screaming and crying in agonizing pain for hours at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment